Valentine Art and Science of Love Couples Workshop in Jacksonville
Give your honey and your relationship a special gift this Valentine’s Day! Repair, strengthen, and enhance your relationship at the Art and Science of Love: A Weekend Workshop for Couples , in Jacksonville February 10-11, 2024.
- 2 days filled with engaging presentations and experiential activities designed to confirm, strengthen, and restore your love
- For couples of every age, ability, and sexual orientation
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy
- Has produced positive results for 94% of those who attend
Our curriculum is developed from 50 years of research with more than 3,000 couples. It’s grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what a relationship should be. On day one, you will learn how to build friendship in your relationship and express feelings of respect and affection. On day two, you will learn how to manage conflict and communicate effectively.
What will I learn?
You and your partner will learn how to foster respect, affection, and closeness in your relationship. You will build and share a deeper connection with each other. You’ll learn how to keep conflict discussions calm, how to break through gridlocked conflict, and how to strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship.
Other workshop topics include:
- Learn how to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on them together
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew, respect, and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the six skills for effective conflict resolutions
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. You do not need to be married. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with the insights and tools to foster further closeness, friendship, and trust. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of your relationship and a road map for repair.
No public disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple and I will be available to provide support during exercises. This educational workshop may not be appropriate for couples dealing with addiction, domestic violence, or other serious relationship issues. In those situations, we recommend seeking counseling with a Gottman trained-therapist.
What is included in the price?
In addition to a greater understanding of how to build friendship, manage conflict, and create shared meaning in your relationship, you will receive the Art and Science of Love box set, which contains:
- Two (2) Couples Workbooks
- One (1) Repair Checklist
- One (1) Aftermath of a Fight Booklet
- Seven (7) Card Decks
- Love Map
- Open-Ended Questions
- Rituals of Connection
- Salsa (Mild, Medium, Hot)
Registration check-in: Saturday, 8:00-8:30am
Location: Comfort Suites Baymeadows, 8277 Western Way Circle, Jacksonville, FL, 32256.
Cost: $650.00 per couple
- Early Registration: Register and pay by January 10, and receive a $50 discount
- Active Duty Military: $50 discount, which can be combined with the Early Registration discount for a total discount of $100.
Cancellation Policy: If early registration is cancelled 30 days prior to the workshop date, a full refund minus a $50 processing fee will be given. After the cut-off date, your registration will be converted to a credit, good for a full year, that you can use to attend a future workshop.
The workshop cost covers the two-day event, expert teaching, professional presentations, personal guidance, and your couple’s kit. We will provide coffee and light snacks throughout the event.
Thank you for registering for the Art and Science of Love: A Weekend Workshop for Couples, February 10-11, 2024. In order to complete your registration, I will need to speak to you by phone to gather a little more information. The call will only take 10 minutes. I can be reached at 904-289-2954.
Please note that this call will be completed with each partner separately.